Fittings which effect a seal at the tubing face can apply enough force against the bottom of a 1/16″ ZDV detail to cause distortion of the stator surface. (See profilometer images below.) The distortion may only be a few 10,000ths of an inch, but it’s enough to create a tiny leak which can be problematic when flow rates are in the nanoliters-per-minute range. This new stator design virtually eliminates the problem.
- Easy way to upgrade your Easy-nLC system
- New stator design removes the possibility of causing damage by overtightening fittings designed to make a seal on the tube face
- Buy a complete valve or upgrade the stator on your existing valve
Valve Upgrade – Specifications
- Max press: 20,000 psi liq
- Max temp: 50°C
- Stator: SS w/inert coating
- Rotor: Valcon E3
|Complete 6 port valve||C82U-1576D-PRO2|
|Stator only, for installation on existing valve body||C72-1C76U|
|Cheminert Rotor (Valcon E5) for 6 port valve; 0.25 mm ports||C72-15R6|
Premature valve failure can also be caused by following the instrument manufacturers’ instructions to put the valve in mid-position for a leak check. If you experience this problem, contact us for a special rotor with a dimple mid-position, which allows this test to be performed without damaging the valve.
Request your quote for this product, here in our catalog.