Don`t we all dream of the capability to fit a regular 1/16″ VICI-nut to a 360µm Fused Silica line in your own lab – just as needed?
Well, maybe this dream became true….
The Zircofit UHPLC concept uses a crimping tool adapted for the purpose of nanoLC sleeve crimping. The consumable part of Zircofit is a CNC lathe 1/16″ PEEK sleeve with a crimp-able metal collar crafted to exactly the same 1/16″ OD as a normal sleeve.
That way, one gets a PEEK sleeve with a metal section one can crimp onto the fused silica tubing. The crimping makes a rock solid connection of your sleeve onto the 360um OD fused silica – regardless of the applied LC pressure. The connection is so solid that it becomes impossible to slip / skip / slide under LC pressure and/or LC injection pressure pulses.
Optimum system performance is often affected by sleeve related dead volumes or failure. Consumable part can be re-ordered. An optional teflon tubing added prior crimping adds extra protection to your fused silica.
This is all you need to make reliable UHPLC compliant 1/16″ sleeves onto your fused silica tubing.
Below, please find a set of pictures taken during use of the Zircofrit kit.
Once a Zircofit sleeve is put onto your fused silica tubing, one only needs to level the fused silica with the sleeve, crimp and its done. A correct crimp is so strong that one can not move the sleeve any more, forming a bond suitable for UHPLC pressures.
Starter Kit Contents:
- 1 pc. ZircoFit Crimp Tool
- 10 pcs. 1/16″ ZircoFit Sleeve, 10 mm
- 10 pcs. 1/16″ ZircoFit Sleeve, 13 mm
- 20 pcs. Vici SS Nut 1/16″ and SS 316 Ferrule 1/16″
- 1 pc. 10/363 Fused Silica, 2.5m
- 1 pc. 25/363 Fused Silica, 2.5m
- 1 pc. 50/363 Fused Silica, 2.5m
- 1 pc. 75/363 Fused Silica, 2.5m
- 1 pc. Fused Silica Cutter (Cleaving Stone)
- 1 pc. PTFE 1×0.5 Shield Tubing, 5m
- 1 pc. Toolcase holding all parts of the kit
Prices and specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For more information on Prolab, click here.